Day 1 : Bangkok – Ayutthaya – Lopburi – Phitsanulok
Travel from Bangkok to Bang Pa In for a scenic boat trip to Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. Visit Wat Yai Chaya Monkol and the ancient ruins of Wat Chai Wattanaram. Then continue to Lopburi where your will be taken around the city by a foot-paddled rickshaw. After lunch at a local restaurant, continue the journey to Phitsanulok, stay overnight and relax at hotel.
Day 2: Phitsanulok – Sukhothai – Sri Satchanalai – Lampang
- Breakfast is served at the hotel. Then leave the hotel to Wat Mahathat and spot its revered Buddha statue, Phra Buddha Jinaraj. Depart for Sukhothai, visit to the famous ruins of this first capital of Thailand (1257-1379) at Sukhothai Historical Park. See Wat Sri Chum and its gigantic Buddha status. Break for lunch at a local restaurant in Sri Satchanalai, the northern outpost town of the Kingdom of Sukhothai, built by King Ramkamhaeng. Visit Wat Chang Lom, Wat Jedi Jet Thaew, Wat Nang Phya and Wat Phra Sri Ratana Mahathat which stands on the site of the Khmer fort called “Chalieng”. Proceed to Lampang where you will be taken on a city’s tour by an old style horse carriage, which will take you to visit Ban Sao Nak, a 100 years old teak mansion and Wat Chedi Sao, which derives its name form 20 stupas erected on the temple grounds. Monks in this temple prepare medicines from herbs and plants, which promise to cure a large number of diseases. After that, check in at hotel.
Day 3 : Lampang – Phayao – Chiang Rai
- After breakfast at the hotel, pay a brief visit to the morning market and then drive to Phayao with the biggest natural lake in Thailand, Kwan Phayao. After that, proceed to Chiang Rai before a quick stop for lunch at a local restaurant followed by a visit to the hill tribe community project at Ban Lorcha. Drive via Mae Sai, the northernmost Thai town to the Golden Triangle, where the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos converge. After a boat trip on the Mekong River, drive to Chiang Rai. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 4 : Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai
- After breakfast and checkout of the hotel, depart for Chiang Mai with a visit at Handicraft Villages to see the manufacturing of lacquer-ware, spinning and weaving of Thai Silk and how paper umbrellas are made and painted. Lunch is at a local restaurant before continuing the trip with a visit at Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep that is tucked away in the mountains at an elevation 1,056 meters. The temple is reached by a staircase with 290 steps, flanked by a Naga balustrade on either side. The monastery was built by King Gue-Na in 1383. The center is a big Chedi (spire shaped pagoda) which contains partial relics of Lord Buddha. Check in at hotel, relax and overnight at hotel.
Day 5 : Chiang Mai
- Enjoy tasty breakfast at the hotel before leaving to the Chiang Dao Elephant Camp to watch the skilled elephants at work.
- Continue to visit an Orchid Farm, see a large collection of colorful orchids.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Evening return to hotel. Relax and overnight at hotel.
Day 6 : Chiang Mai – Bangkok
- Breakfast is served at the hotel.
- Transfer from hotel to Chiang Mai airport, fly to Bangkok for next departure.
2. Daily breakfast
3. Air ticket from Chiang Mai to Bangkok
4. Tour programs as indicated in the itinerary
5. Five lunches
6. Entrance fees